Protecting the right to life, liberty, free speech, fair trials and equal treatment - just an ordinary day at the office.
Liberty is one of the most well-known campaigning organisations in the UK and our success depends on the talent and commitment of our staff, and the support of many dedicated volunteers.
This is a voluntary position.
As a member of the Liberty Executive Committee you have some overall responsibilities which sit alongside the specific contribution you are expected to make as Treasurer and also as Trustee of the Civil Liberties Trust.
- Ensure that Liberty complies with its memorandum and articles of association, company law and any other relevant legislation or regulations
- Contribute actively to good governance by the Executive Committee - giving firm strategic direction to Liberty including defining campaigning objectives and evaluating performance against these
- Safeguard the good name and values of Liberty.
- Ensure the effective and efficient administration of Liberty
- Ensure the financial stability and sustainability of Liberty
- Scrutinise and manage the performance of the Director
- Oversee the financial affairs of Liberty and ensure that they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice
- Make fellow committee members aware of their financial obligations and take a lead in interpreting financial data for them
- Oversee the production of necessary financial reports/returns, accounts and audits
- Oversee the production of an annual budget and propose its adoption at the last meeting of the previous financial year
- Appraise the financial viability of plans, proposals and feasibility studies
- Lead on appointing and liaising with auditors
Closing date: 12noon Friday 9th September
Please apply with CV and Covering Letter to HR@liberty-human-rights.org.uk
More information on the role please refer to the Candidate Brief.